The holidays are here, hooray! I'm sure some of you will be throwing Christmas and New Years parties in the next few weeks. If you are and need some help with your DIY Photo Booth set up, I'm your girl. I mean I did create a pretty awesome background for our photo booth last year that was a hit! I found a really great option this year that isn't hard to create! This tissue paper garland is both festive and fun and the best part is you can customize your color options. I've provided both text instructions and pictures to make it as painless as possible.
- Tissue Paper (of your choice)
- Stapler/Glue (optional)
- One piece of paper makes 4 tassels. Take one piece of tissue paper and fold it length-wise, then repeat and repeat one more time.
- With the folded side at the top, start cutting strips (at whatever width you'd like), leaving 2 inches at the top un-cut. To speed up this process, you can use a paper cutter, as well, which can look much cleaner and be faster to cut.
- Unfold once and cut in half.
- Separate both pieces. For the one that is still folded over, cut in half, like before. You should end up with 4 separate pieces.
- Take one section and open it up. Roll it up length-wise making sure that the tassels don't get caught. If you lose any bits, don't fret.
- Twist the middle section and fold in half, creating a loop.
- Twist a few more times so that the loop stays on its own. If you can't get the loop to stay on its own, put a dot of glue or staple that area. I only had to use the stapler with the metallic paper, but tissue paper seems to stay fine on its own.
- String all tassels on a string and hang up!
I actually created this for my office holiday party. We go all out for the annual holiday party. I mean they bring in crews the night before to set up! There is always a photo booth but this year we wanted a way to spruce up a plain white background. I found this tutorial and was able to create this pretty quickly.
If you like the string triangles behind the tassels, here is the tutorial! It's a pretty simple tutorial, as well. Chose one or both, they are sure to be a big success.
Yours Truly // Shannon